Toast Titanium error..better burner available for Mac???

Reaction score
Hallo every1,

hope all r doing good:)

Its been smtime with my Imac 20" and i have got titanium toast(prolly the latest) as the Cd burner. NOW, this is one big error which could literally screw people in crunch times, especially people like me who constantly switch between windows and the mac, esp data sharing. the problem, here goes..

I was already having a multisession CD-R wih some data on it and i wantd to transfer some data from the Mac onto it, keeping it multisession. I tick marked the write session option in Toast titanium, added some data under the Mac n Pc option n proceeded to burn at best speed.

The RESULT: when i was about to use the cd on windows, i was stunned to find my earlier data erased completely(luckily i had a backup) and only the data from the MAC was available! to cross check to find out whether the cd ws still useable i proceeded to Nero burning rom to add some data, but nero just threw the cd out saying it was no more writeable!! Later, i rechecked and put the cd in the Mac, but even then it still displayed the same data wich i wrote from the MAc!! Now take that.. So, literally speaking, if i have a crunch moment, n wanna quickly add some data from the mac for a presentation my old data will be gone n so will be me at the presentation: a Dead duck!!

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS TOAST ERROR?? OR IS THIS A MAC ERROR?? IF YES, THEN ITS SIMPLY NOT HAPPENING.. i CAN EASILY BURN MULTISESSIONS ON MY NERO EXPRESS N HAVE A COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND..

* WHATS THE SOLUTION??? ANY UPGRADE FOR TOAST? ANY BETTER BURNER FOR MAC AVAILABLE???? PLZZZZ HELP ME OUT!

thanksss in advance.

~Mel.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is rather long but hope it helps. You are supposed to use ISO 9660 and not Mac and PC. Here goes.

Making an ISO 9660 Disc
ISO 9660 is a standard for cross-platform use on Macintosh, Windows, Unix, Linux, or DOS operating systems. ISO 9660 also supports appendable sessions, where all sessions appear as a single disc, in contrast to the Mac Only multi-session, where each session appears as a separate icon. However, ISO 9660 does not support custom features of the Mac file system, such as long file names and view or icon options, so it is not the best choice if you intend to access this disc only on a Macintosh computer.
To make an ISO 9660 disc:
1 Click the Data tab at the top of the Toast window.
2 Click the Formats tab in the left drawer and choose ISO 9660.
3 Drag and drop files and folders into the Content Area from your hard disk.
4 Click Select to configure the ISO disc. There are three configuration tabs:
• Files: Selecting the data.
• Layout: Determining the layout or order of the files on the disc.
• Settings: Setting the options for file naming and formatting.
5 Click the Files tab to add, remove or rename files and folders to the disc.
6 You can optionally do any of the following:
• Click New to create a new disc or folder.
• Click Add to add files or folders.
• You can also import data from a prior session. See Importing ISO Sessions. Select an item and click Remove to remove it.
• Double-click on any item in the list to change the name or make it invisible. These changes do not affect the original item on your hard disk, only the recorded disc.
• Select the Resolve Aliases option to ensure that if the source data contains aliases, Toast will find the original file and record this to the disc instead of the alias. This option is recommended if you intend to use this disc on a Windows or Unix computer, and should be selected prior to adding files and folders.
7 Click the layout tab to change the order of the files.
You can optionally change the order in which the files are physically written on the disc. The files located at the top of the list are written first, toward the inner part of the disc. To move files, drag and drop them to the new position.
8 Click the Settings tab to change file naming and format options.
• Format: Choose CD-ROM XA if you want to be able to add sessions at a later time. Choose CD-ROM if you intend to duplicate this CD at a replication plant, are writing an ISO DVD, or are using an older CD-ROM drive that can only read this format.
• Naming: Choose Joliet (MS-DOS + Windows) and Use Apple Extensions. This offers the most compatibility with Macintosh, Windows and Unix computers. Toast will adjust the file and folder names appropriately for each system. See ISO Disc Naming Options.
Click Set Defaults to use these settings as the default for future ISO 9660 discs.
9 Click Done.
10 Insert a blank recordable CD or DVD.
You can also insert a previously recorded ISO CD that was created with CD-ROM XA format and left "open" for additional sessions.
11 Click the red Record button and choose a recorder from the list and optional recording settings, such as "Number of Copies."
• Multi-session CDs: If you are making an ISO CD and would like to leave the disc "open" so you can record additional data sessions at a later time, click the Advanced tab and choose Write Session. You can now continue to add data to this CD until you have exceeded its capacity or you choose Write Disc to "close" it. You can append the sessions so they appear as a single icon on your Desktop. You cannot make multi-session DVDs.
12 Click Record to continue.
Toast displays a progress bar and status information as it records your disc.
If you have inserted a previously recorded ISO CD that was left "open" for additional sessions. You will be prompted with Multisession recording options:
• Ignore Existing Sessions: Adds the new data to a new session - ALL old data will be inaccessible.
• Append To Session: Adds the new data to the existing session - both new and old data will be accessible.
• Incremental Backup: Adds only new data that has changed from the old session - both new and old data will be accessible.

OP
C
Reaction score
Instead of doing anything thsi long...aint there any better Burning software available than toast???
pl specify if available..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Go to Macupdate.com and search for Burning apps, there are others besides toast.

But toast is considered the best of the best.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Instead of doing anything thsi long...aint there any better Burning software available than toast???

Long? I can do all that in seconds. It might look like a lot in print but it's a few clicks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Short version? No.

Toast is probably the most capable burning app on the Mac - I can't think of anything with more features of the top of my head.

But you might want to look at getting a USB thumb drive instead. A 1-2GB drive is dirt cheap nowadays and will be a lot easier and faster than burning multisession CD's all the time.

Reaction score
Toast has the ability to create data discs readable on a PC AND a Mac - it's just a case of going into the settings (in Toast 8 on the left) and clicking the relevant Tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.