Help! Macbook pro always crashes!

Reaction score
Hi, i just bought a 17" mbp a few weeks ago and it crashes/freezes a lot of times already. It usually happens when i am watching viedos on quicktime. should i be worried or is this a common sickness among mbps? is anyone having the same problem too? what seems to be the problem? please help! tia! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
is it only with quick time?

OP
wlvn
Reaction score
is it only with quick time?

nope but yes most of the time. it also crashed twice with itunes and once with live 6 (ableton).

Do you have third party RAM installed? Do you have anything connected via USB/Firewire?

my ram is the original that comes with all 17's mbps and no, i don't have anyting connected via my use/firewire ports. i only uses an apple wireless mouse and a set of 2.1 speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
have u tried to repair disk permissions using disk utility?

OP
wlvn
Reaction score
no, but i tried verifying it and there was no problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
After a crash does console say anything about it?

OP
wlvn
Reaction score
After a crash does console say anything about it?

no, nothing.

Repairing permissions wouldn't do anything. It's kind of a does-nothing non-fix (or, as John Gruber calls it, "voodoo" http://daringfireball.net/2006/04/repair_permissions_voodoo).

I would create another account on your computer and see if the problem occurs there. If it doesn't, you'll know it has something to do with your user account.

thanks, i think i'll give it a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.