Need Urgent Advice about IPOD!

M

Mencus

I just got my first IPOD today before I go away on a holiday. Anyway, I noticed that there is already music on it (Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, JayZ, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Kelis etc)

Is this normal? Or do I have a second hand IPOD?

Your quick response is appreciated!

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Mencus said:
I just got my first IPOD today before I go away on a holiday. Anyway, I noticed that there is already music on it (Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, JayZ, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Kelis etc)

Is this normal? Or do I have a second hand IPOD?

Your quick response is appreciated!

Cheers

Mine was completely blank. It sounds as if you got a returned one.

OP
T

TylerMoney

those sounds like bands that would be part of a marketing compaign...not something that would've happened to be on there..who knows....call apple...they'll tell you right away. Did you get one of the 4th gens?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I would definitely call Apple.. if it's not a marketing campaign of some sort then, you got a refurb.. or someone elses, which I am sure was a complete accident, although Im not sure how.. keep us posted on this one.. it sounds interesting :)

OP
I

Icarus

well, assuming that it was just in the playlist, when you hook it up to your computer and your play list those songs go bye-bye...so unless they are also in a folder on the ipod when it's being used as a disk, I believe you got a second-hand-ipod.
I hope you didn't pay full price!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.