Activity Monitor

Reaction score
Hey, first time poster. I accidentally deleted the icon for my Activity monitor in my macbook OSX. DOes anyone know where i can get access to the monitor otherwise? I've searched for it, and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Activity Monitor should be in your Applications/Utilities folder. You can use Spotlight to search for it.

If you deleted the icon, you deleted the application. You can get the same information through the Terminal, but you'll probably just want to reinstall your Operating System. Put in Disc 1 that came with your computer and reboot holding down the 'c' key. Walk through the steps to perform an Archive & Install. This will replace the OS (and reinstall Activity Monitor), and it will leave your user account untouched.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hopefully all you did was remove it from the dock - if so, just open up Applications - Utilities and drag it back to the dock.

If you did indeed delete the program - you can use Pacifist to re-install it from your disks without the need of re-installing the OS. (And I owe MHC for this tip)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.