iPod nano not responsive enough?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I just went to best buy to check out the new iPods. I played aroudn with all three, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the iPod Touch. If it had calendar control built into it, I'd seriously consider one. I played with the new iPod nano, and was not impressed. It took a while for the menu to catch up with my scrolling, and even when it did it was very jerky and not smooth. I have a 30GB iPod 5.5 right now and it scrolls very smoothly and is very responsive. It seemed that the nano was a step backwards as far as the responsiveness goes. Does anyone have first-hand experience with this? Is this a problem, or could it just be the nature of the display model at best buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
there is an update out for them in itunes when you dock your ipod. it updates this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hmm, I tried the Nanos and found them very quick and responsive. The Classics, on the other hand, were just as you described the Nanos. Maybe that was a bad one or not updated.

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I tried the Classic as well and it was MUCH more responsive than the nanos. Night and day. The nanos must not have been updated. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black
guess the one you tried was not updated, I have a Nano and it's fine, but the update is a must to improve the performance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I have just upgraded to a new classic 80Gig, I must say I do like the new U.I however my one issue with it is that it is very slow.......& quiet, no gopod yet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.