• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

panasonic mini-dv camcorder usb driver for mac

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how on earth I can get my raw video to my computer?
(intel macbook)

I'm using the panasonic dv-gs250.
I have the driver software/cd that came with the camera and i can't install it on the computer.

The usb isn't allowing the computer to see the camcorder either.

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Camcorders connected via USB on PC or Mac will always transfer at an inferior quality cause USB can't sustain the high speed required for DV.

I would highly recommend you getting a 4pin to 6pin Firewire cable and connecting your Cam to the Mac. There are no drivers required. Just plug both ends, and fire up iMovie or whatever it is you want to import your video with. High quality DV only with Firewire...

OP
E
Reaction score
no firewire port

The camcorder doesn't have a firewire port...

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Yes, please any answers? I have the exact same Minicam, really need a driver that works!

Reaction score
The camcorder doesn't have a firewire port...
Thanks!

Are you sure about it? It looks like a recent model camera and it's hard to believe that it doesn't have FW... I found that cable for that camera...

If that it's true and that camera has no FW i am afraid that u just cant use it with a mac...

Reaction score
Firewire port

It does have a firewire port. Flip open the screen and it's the one marked DV.

Saying that I still can't get it to download my movies. I have tried iMovie but it just won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I have tried iMovie but it just won't work.
Which version of iMovie? How are you trying to download from your camcorder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.