OS 10 and Buffalo Drivestation

Reaction score
Hello -

I can't get my MacBook Pro to recognize a Buffalo Drivestation 250GB. Google searches reveal that it works with OS9 but I can't find anything for OS10. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Darin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It is new? It might need to be formatted before it mounts to the desktop.
Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility.app
It should load there. If it does, highlight it and erase.
Make sure you back up info you have on it using a different computer. (I assume if you have info on it, it's from a different computer, otherwise, it'd be blank)

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. You are correct, it is not new. It was previously used on a Windows XP machine. Was hoping I could just hook it up to the Mac and access the data that is already on there. If that is not possible, then I guess I have no other option than to do as you say...... copy the data and reformat it with the Mac.

Darin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would think it would read the drive just fine.
Check to see if it loads in the disk utility app first before you do anything.

OP
D
Reaction score
The drive does not show up in the disk utility app. I just copied all of the data from this drive (via the Windows machine) so its ok if I need to reformat. But it doesn't show up....

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok, it just showed up on my desktop and in the Disk utility. All I did was change the power mode from auto to manual on the back of the external drive... Interesting....

Thank you for the advice...

Darin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.