OSX dropping proxy server with Onspeed

Reaction score
First I apologize for my first contribution being a question. I have searched, in fact the reason I felt it necessary to register and post was because this is one time that I have been unable to find a solution by researching the issue.

This issue is occurring on a 2GHz intel core duo Macbook with 2GB RAM and running Mac OS 10.4.10. However it occurs in exactly the same way on my G4 Powerbook running 10.3.9, on both GPRS and Broadband connections and on both Firefox and Safari so I don't think it is connection, Mac OS version or browser related (but I could be wrong).

Basically I am using 'onspeed' (www.onspeed.com) with a GPRS connection on my laptop for mobile internet access. The onspeed software together with some Firefox tweaks gives me exceptionally good download speeds for general webpage and email browsing and really only falls foul of large image based sites or video streams. Whilst I understand many people have had no success with onspeed, it makes a huge difference to me on my GPRS connection. Broadband benefits are minimal (in my opinion).

My issue is with the proxy server. When you activate onspeed it sets the http proxy to 127.0.0.1 on Port 5405. Username and Passwords are required.

What is happening is that after a certain period of time (doesn't appear to be consistent, but may be related to internet access being idle) a warning box appears stating that an error occurred when onspeed attempted to integrate with Mac OSX Network Settings. Code 505 is quoted. The Network settings window will show that the http proxy check box has been cleared and port 80 reinstated.

It is frustrating as manually resetting the proxy in Network settings doesn't resolve the issue and onspeed has to be terminated, relaunched and allowed to automatically reset the proxy. Since Firefox also has to be manually set to work with a proxy it also means that until onspeed is reset, all internet access is terminated.

Whilst in this state, the browser reports that the proxy server is refusing connection.

Is there anyway to 'lock' the http proxy setting? I have tried locking the network settings window, but this doesn't make any difference, the settings still change.

For once I'm stumped!

Reaction score
Hi there

If you contact ONSPEED support, they can send you a new version. This is a bug in the first release of version 6 for Macs that makes the software unresponsive after idle time. The new version they can send you does no longer cause this.

Reaction score
Women Sexual Health

. .
. .
Lolaboys Preteen Erection Soviet List
Erection In The Bathroom
Standard Labor For Steel Plate Erection
Castrate Dog Erection
Reflexology For Impotence
Daddy Erection Linda Penis Towel Began Climax Shower Vagina Back
Headache During Erection
Erection Urinal
Sucking A Cock To Erection
Indian Medicine To Cure Erectile Dysfunction
Decrease A Desire For Sexual Pleasure
Dysfunction Erectile Treat
Impotence Psychological
Erection Massage
Work Procedures For Erection Of Steel Frame Structure
Male Enhancement Scam
How To Prevent Erectile Disunion
Male Enhancement Medication
My Erection
Vacuum Erection Devices And Prostate Cancer
Male Sexual Performance Enhacement
The Dunedin Sexual Health Clinic
Home Made Toys For Sexual Pleasure
Erection Systems
Sexual Pleasure For Womwn
Causes Erectile Dysfluency
Frog Erection
How Big Should A 14 Year Old Boys Erection Be
Achieving An Erection Post Prostate Surgery
Massage Therapy Erection Stories
Male Enhancement Products Review
Sexual Health Supplements Guide
Natural Ways To Get A Rock Hard Erection
Advice Too Proud To Seek Help For Erectile Dysfuction
Rid Of An Erection

Prolactinoma And Male Impotence How To Get An Erection Before Sex I Cant Get An Erection Married Couples Decreased Sexual Activity After Age 65 What Does An Erection Look Like Erection Clit Erectile Dysfunctio Performance Enhancing Drugs Safety Research Sexual Enhancement Spa Vichy Shower Treatment Erection Erectile Supplements Naturat Way To Delay Erection Effects Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome On Sexual Performance Best Male Sex Enhancement Pills Young Erectile Dysfunction Woman Looked Up Saw My Erection Surprise

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.