Next Generation iPod Touch.

Reaction score
Now that the iPod Touch is out and selling well, judging by how Apple rolls out their products, how long does everyone think until a newer version will come out? The new features are nice, but for most of us with over 16gigs of music and video, I dont want to have to start picking and choosing what I want on our iPods when we are all so used to being able to just dump our whole collection of music and videos and not think twice. Yeah you might not need your whole collection at a time, but as soon as you start having to pick and choose is when your gonna start looking for songs that you had to leave at home, and that would be a bummer. Also, this iPod touch has the same metal casing as previous iPods and not the new brushed aluminum as the new iPod 'Classic', leaving them more easily scratched. Hopefully they will switch over to the new aluminum next generation. So when do you all speculate? Spring at the earliest (I hope).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Usually product lines are updated between a year and 18 months. But then again, Apple has been mixing things up lately, with a delayed OS revision, announcing the iPhone but not releasing it for six months, and of course, the massive price cut just two months after the iPhone's release.

So could the touch be updated this time next year? Who knows ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.