Whats the deal with iwork?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
sounds like a great piece of software and at the moment i am inclined to get it over the Microsoft counterpart. However, my main issue is this; some say its fully compatible with the industry standard MS office without a problem, some say its awful and some say its pretty good. WHATS THE DEAL WITH iWORK 08?

thanks for all help (oh and recommendations for which one to get would be nice as well)

Reaction score
I can only answer for myself: I exchange files with someone (spreadsheet and documents). I use iWork and he uses Windows and Office. Thus far - no problems at either end.

Reaction score
I've had only one minor problem (but I don't know if its due to me being a iWork newbie). One file I converted did not understand a named cell correctly.

ExWallStreetGuy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.25ghz 512mb RAM 250GB hard drive
I use iwork '06 to read and exchange documents with windows users everyday and I have had no problem. 08 is suppossed to be even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I have only just started to touch on using iWork as a kong time office user. From what I can see office cannot compare, but with office 08 who knows. My personal opion opinion is that office puts so much crap on your hard drive in so many different places that alone detours me from using it. Go with iWork

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.