Mini, 3G and 4G iPods Specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Hi, knowing the slacker i am when it comes to buying new things, i was in the market for a mini iPod, but due to huge sales in the US, we only had it offcially released a week or so ago. But then comes along a 4G iPod, woah, the design, the price, the size!( I loved the post where the guy said there was no such thing, despite Steve Jobs being on the cover of Newsweek with one).

But since i've never seen the mini ipod up and close, i am wanting to hear your opinions and comparisons on all three version. I know we've had this kind of thread before, but not with the 4G. I'm seriously tempted with the 4G iPod, but i wanted to know more before i'll buy an iPod.

I

IndianPowerbook

Hey City Star. I am a huge fan of your country and am studying abroad in the UK next year. Anyways....

I think that the Mini iPod is a marketing gimmick. It holds 4GB worth of information---appx 1000 songs fully loaded. It costs $249. For $50 more u can get the 20GB iPod (4Generation) and it can hold atleast 5,000 songs! The Mini iPod will get you the look but its kind of a waste of money, for $50 more u can get more songs and will be able to hold more information if you desire.

I have a 3G iPod and would love to put it on eBay but it has my name on it. Darn customization!

F

flonejek

I'd wait a few months before putting an iPod on ebay, the markets flooded at the moment :), anyway as for a comparison I'd say go with the 4g ipods, even though I still love my 3g. The mini's are sturdier and get scratched less than the 3G's, I'm not sure if the 4G's are made of a less scratchable plastic/metal combo though they look the same. I would'nt consider getting a 3g, unless you're short of cash, as they are bound to be incredibly cheap around now with the lack of demand for them.

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can wait a while longer, i mean look at the 4G, none of us were expecting it, and this is wishful thinking of me, but if apple ever released a mini ipod with a bigger hard drive, i'd definitely buy it. The size appeals to me but not the storage though. Imagine a 40gig mini ipod, whew!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
40 GB mini is not coming any time soon....

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
citystar2k said:
Imagine a 40gig mini ipod, whew!

i emphasize the main part of the last statement i made.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.