power mac 7500/100

Reaction score
ive got a power mac 7500/100 and when i switch it on, the monitor doesnt show anything all that happens is the led turns on when i switch on the desktop and a few seconds later the led turns off i persume because it doesnt see an input

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Bumping your thread every couple of hours just ticks people off. Being impatient and demanding doesn't exactly make people want to help you.

Oh, yeah, your problem. Hmm. Going to have to think about that one for a few days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously, now. This is a twelve-year-old computer. How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Has it ever worked?

Where did you get the monitor, are you sure that that works?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
You need to swap things about to find the answer. Is the video cable captive? If not swap that out. Can you take the computer to someone else's house and plug it into another monitor? Does the monitor work with another computer? Is the computer actually booting up - does the caps lock light go on and off when you press the button?

You need to supply far more info.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am not sure this will solve it but it can not hurt to try it. Power on and hold COMMAND-OPTION-P-R right at the startup sound and keep them down and see if you hear 2 other startup sounds. It might take a bit so keep the keys down. That is resetting the PRAM and on some older Macs like that, it's worked for me. Can't hurt to try it.

OP
R
Reaction score
is command option the button with the apple logo and to the right of it is a square with curvy bits at each end

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is command option the button with the apple logo and to the right of it is a square with curvy bits at each end

Sorry, I usually state both. Yes, Command is the key with the Apple and the Cloverleaf looking thing. Option is right next door in the middle. You hold the Command(APPLE)-Option-P-R keys all at the same time. 4 keys.

OP
R
Reaction score
the option button is the button that says ALT or is it the button that says CONTROL,sorry for asking really dumb questions is just that im a complete newbie to apple as its my dads apple

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ALT. ALT is the Option. I take it you might not have an Apple keyboard?

OP
R
Reaction score
i have got a apple mac just not familiar with it as its my dads, im a pc user but i do want to get into apple macs and possibly move away from pc's altogether

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I repeat my previous questions:
This is a twelve-year-old computer. How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Has it ever worked?

Where did you get the monitor, are you sure that that works?

OP
R
Reaction score
yes it has worked in the past i think the last time i switched it on was couple of years ago

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.