Backlight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
is there anyway to have the backlight always on, even when it is bright out? i know the ambient sensor must turn it off when it thinks its bright enough, but sometimes thats not the case...is there some sort of file that i can edit? or is it a firmware issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
the backlight IS always on. It may change the brightness due to ambient light, but it's always on. The only time it is ever off is if you lower the brightness to the point where it looks like it is off. If you look carefully you'll see that the screen is still on, it's just almost impossible to see. If you go into the system prefs, click on Displays, and uncheck the box that says, automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
is there anyway to have the backlight always on, even when it is bright out? i know the ambient sensor must turn it off when it thinks its bright enough, but sometimes thats not the case...is there some sort of file that i can edit? or is it a firmware issue?

The problem is, you're expecting a small, battery-driven neon (or LED) backlight to compete with the Sun.

It can't. Go find some shade. :)

(They do make special LCD backlights that are powerful enough to do that. If you want a laptop with that, you can expect to pay twice as much, carry twice as much weight, and have a battery life of an hour or so.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
If you want a laptop with that, you can expect to pay twice as much, carry twice as much weight, and have a battery life of an hour or so.)

Well those are all positive qualities, why doesn't Apple offer a notebook with those amenities?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
ok im a moron...i should have specified that i was talking about the Keyboard backlight...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.