• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Now this is how I wanted the new Imac to look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That one has an even bigger "chin" than the iMac does.

Plus, who cares how well it may mimic an iMac, it doesn't have OS X ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Well, it's definitely a step of from previous all in one PCs and I like it a little better than Sony's recent attempt, but even though the new iMac didn't meet my expectations, I still like it better than all of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
It looks much better than their Gateway Tablet PC, but it doesn't run Macintosh OSX so I wouldn't consider it. Besides, I fin the iMac to look much better than this Gateway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I seriously hope you're joking.. Even the G5 iMacs look a hundred times better than this... Thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
It looks cool indeed - but I wouldnt swap my Aluminium iMac for it in a million years.

As said above it doesn't run OSX lol. But again it is a step up for PC's.
In my opinion the new iMac looks tonnes better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
OMG

It's Darth Vader reincarnated...
Looks more like the 20th Anniversary Macintosh reincarnated.

compare.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Honestly, I don't find it to be a bad design. Sure, it runs Windows, so I wouldn't be interested. But for someone who's firmly in the Windows camp, but would like a decent-looking all-in-one, it's pretty much your only choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Its not going to save Gateway, regardless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I really dont find that ugly and to be perfectly honest I think if that had an Apple logo on it the reaction would definitely be different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I don't really like it that much. I don't like Gateway's in general though. Gateway is junk, I have never seen one that worked well.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really dont find that ugly and to be perfectly honest I think if that had an Apple logo on it the reaction would definitely be different.

I thought the same thing :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't really like it that much. I don't like Gateway's in general though. Gateway is junk, I have never seen one that worked well.

In the early days, before Ted Waitt left, they made some of the best machines in the business. Unfortunately, it went downhill sometime around 1998 and just never recovered - even after Ted came back.

I still have a circa 1996 Gateway full-size ATX tower case. That thing is absolutely bullet proof and has space for just about anything you could imagine. You could easily run a server with a dozen drives in that case. Of course, all of the innards, save the 3.5" floppy are long gone and have been replaced with more modern components, but the case construction is testimony to how well made they once were.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.