1.1.1 finally here: article link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I like the increased volume and double tap function. Now I just have to wait till this firmware is hackable like the current one is and I'll be ready to update my iPhone :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If Apple changed the underlying software to mimic that of the touch, then it may take quite a while as the touch itself hasn't been jailbroken yet. Without jailbreak, you can't do much of anything.

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Now, hopefully we can get some new, non-1.1.1 threads going again! LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
Now 1.1.1 is out, has anyone tried restoring their phone with 1.0.2? I hear all you have to do is hold shift and click restore, which then allows you to browse for the firmware you want to restore to. Has anyone tried this on mac that can confirm it is in fact the shift key?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
This update bricked my iPhone. It keeps getting an error connecting to the iTunes store...says the host is down and try again later....wants to activate the phone and all I can do is make emergency calls on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Never mind....fixed it...restarted iTunes and Lil Snitch must have been blocking it...allowed the connection and all is copacetic....:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
My speakerphone is NOT any louder after the update :( The iTunes Music Store is way nice though! I also like the new double-tap feature, it goes straight to my Favorites in the Phone button. Much faster for quickly dialing a number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should also have the option of having the double tap bring up the iPod controls

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will say this, my iPhone with v1.1.1 seems to switch between the OEM applications (phone, iPod, Maps, iCal, etc) much more quickly than before. I wouldn't have believed had I heard it online, but my wife actually noticed it. Sure enough, everything seems much snappier now. Nice!

Someone who hasn't installed the update yet: Please, get a stopwatch or something and see if this is true of just my phone or for everyone. Thanks!
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
HOLY CRAP this update rules!! It fixed the "checkered dots pattern" on my screen!! Now my screen is perfect and I don't have to go to the apple store!!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
During my update I got a message saying "Cannot update iPhone. An unknown error has occured (1604)." The phone froze on a black screen so I reset it and plugged it back in and now have to restore it and reupdate it I'm guessing. Anyone have this problem?

Reaction score
Boo.. I got a yellow warning sign saying "please connect to iTunes." What the heck?? I was connected.. so I had to reconnect, but it didn't detect the phone. I had to turn the phone off, plug back in.. now it's forcing me to do a restore. :(

Why did this happen? My phone was 100% legit, no hacks of any kind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Basically the same thing that's happening to me. It's loading all my songs right now though so I'm not sure if it's updated with 1.1.1 yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
i like the new Itunes ICON on phone.... was the new update supposed to make the speaker phone volume higher also... external speaker volume is so low...

I also got a message that said on phone activate iphone connect to itunes... but i just disconnected the recconected phone and it went away...

let me know about the speaker volume thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I must say I'm unimpressed with the process of updating the iPhone this time. At one point my phone thought it didn't have the SIM card in it, but a restart of iTunes and a connection of the iPhone back to iTunes was all it took.

After that, I spent some time getting my WiFi password back onto my phone, as well as fixing the voicemail password. On the latter, it acted as if I'd never set one up. Maybe I didn't, as I almost never use it anyway, but I probably wasted nearly 2 hours "updating" my iPhone, including recovery.

Regarding iTunes on the iPhone, it *would* have been real nice to have iTunes radio stations available for streaming. As far as buying music, I doubt I'll buy any via my phone. I've bought lots over my MacBook, but mostly I don't think I'll do it "on the go".

For me, this update was at best a yawn and at worst an annoyance. It wasted a good amount of my time, a bad thing that. :Angry:

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The update seems to be mostly fixes, not features. Still, it seems more responsive overall. The phone still does everything it did before so I'm happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine is fixed and working fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.