problems with typing

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my new Macbook. It seems to be only with typing. Most of the time it is fine, but occasionally, the cursor will start jumping to a different place in the paragraph, things will suddenly be highlighted and then be erased with the next key I push. Sometimes then, the keyboard won't respond for a few seconds and all the letters will come out at once. It is like there is a back up or something. This sometimes will not happen for a whole session of work, but when it does happen it generally persists for that session. It is quite erratic.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this problem. I called Apple and they ran a bunch of tests, but there were no solutions offered. They suggested I take it for a check up.
The tricky thing is that it doesn't always seem to happen.
Could it be that some programme is running in the background that is clogging things up?
-George HIggs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I know this will sound stupid but i used to get this all the time on my dads old PC laptop when i was typing essays. It was becuase my hands kept brushing over the touchpad, it was moving the cursors and highlighting stuff and when i typed the highlighted text would vanish as i had just typed over it without noticing.

Reaction score
erratic typing in macbook pro

I know this post is old but I have the same problems with my 15"macbook Pro. It has intensified since installing snow leopard. I replaced the keyboard and tweaked all preferences that may be relevant but to no avail. It is even worse in Mac mail.

There does not seem to be many responses to this problem but it is extremely annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.