Apple Care question

Reaction score
I just bought a new MacBook about a month ago. Its been amazing. I have a quick question. I know I have a 1 year warrenty..so I havnt yet bought apple care. For my first year, do I get the same support from Apple as someone who has AppleCare? Or are there bonuses to having AppleCare in this first year?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Extended phone support is one bonus thats obvious, other than that I'd imagine your results may vary.

Reaction score
Consider purchasing from eBay. Make sure you get the right model (found by checking the Apple Store first) and like me, you can probably get it for more than 50% off.

I paid $179CDN instead of $400CDN + tax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Other than the extended phone support, there's no advantage to having AppleCare in the first year.

You can buy AppleCare right up until the moment your 1-year warranty runs out, so unless you gave the cash to burn, my recommendation is to wait as long as you can.

That said, I am glad I have AppleCare on my MacBook-- I've already used it twice for incidents where the Genius would have asked for my credit card number if the issue wasn't covered.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.