Finder alternative

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
i love my apple and the OS...but i have to confesss, the finder is not as easy as the Windows explorer...i am tired of having to rest the pointer on a folder, wait for it to open, only to have to do it again (depending on how deep the subfolders are). I have tried xShelf, and that is still slower than the old windows explorer...is there another option to the Finder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you tried using some of the different views in finder? You might find one you like better and that better suits your needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You can double click the folder to open it.. you don't have to just wait for it to open... and like schweb said, try some of the other views..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
hmm... and people why there's a mouse button....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The problem listed in the first post is something I have never seen. But if you want direct access to something several step in finder, move it to the dock ;)

T

TylerMoney

I put my applications folder in the far right of my dock, and then you can control click it, and it works just like the windows finder for your applilcations/utilities, etc...but looks way cooler.

You have to put it right next to the trash can (to the left of it), in the seperated section (seperated from the rest of the dock by a line).

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
There is an app called PathFinder from Cocoa tech, its an alternate finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I use DragThing as an application launcher.. not a finder replacement, but definitely a good app launcher :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.