Some questions w/ iPhone.

Reaction score
I'm an unlocked iPhone user, I know many on these forums do not agree with my choice to do so but its alright. I dislike ATT and the service is horrible in my area, so I still want an iPhone. I bought it from apple, so they got there money...

This future update news im reading, is it non-choice? Or do I have the option to update? As i'm perfectly fine with how my iphone operates.

Should I load up my iphone with all my favorite songs etc so I dont need to plug it in? Or will plugging it in cause problems.

I'm not looking to permanetly damage my phone..

As i stated, I love apple and respect the promises they made with AT & T but, i'd prefer my t-mobile. And apple still got my money.

Please let me know accordingly. It was done with jailbreak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Updating the phone is very much an optional choice. You don't have to update if you don't want to, and iTunes won't force you.

Not sure what you're getting at about loading up songs. It's an iPod, if you want to load songs, go right ahead. And what do you mean by plugging it in? How else are you going to load the songs?

OP
B
Reaction score
Updating the phone is very much an optional choice. You don't have to update if you don't want to, and iTunes won't force you.

Not sure what you're getting at about loading up songs. It's an iPod, if you want to load songs, go right ahead. And what do you mean by plugging it in? How else are you going to load the songs?

I mean, should I be loading my phone up with everything i'd want before Apple has some hack out for my poor iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
Updating is a choice, so that means you can still sync with itunes and transfer songs and videos to your iphone whenever you want

Therefore you don't have to fear you won't be able to do it with the new firmware out as it prohibits you doing so unless you update your iphone.

The iphone dev team will inform if you can update or not and i'm sure they will find a way to update and still keep your iphone unlocked

Until then, dont update to the new firmware and simply use your iphone as you do currently. Syncing songs, photos, videos and making calls/texts!

OP
B
Reaction score
Updating is a choice, so that means you can still sync with itunes and transfer songs and videos to your iphone whenever you want

Therefore you don't have to fear you won't be able to do it with the new firmware out as it prohibits you doing so unless you update your iphone.

The iphone dev team will inform if you can update or not and i'm sure they will find a way to update and still keep your iphone unlocked

Until then, dont update to the new firmware and simply use your iphone as you do currently. Syncing songs, photos, videos and making calls/texts!

Is connecting to WiFi going to be an issue? Thats one of my main uses on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ok, let me try to make this clearer. You can do nearly everything on your unlocked iPhone that you can do on a locked one (I say nearly because visual voicemail may not work). Just don't update to the latest Apple firmware.

Just wait until it has been confirmed whether or not the new firmware re-locks the phone before updating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Is connecting to WiFi going to be an issue? Thats one of my main uses on it.
That shouldn't be an issue. In fact, nothing should be an issue. Just don't update until it's been tested and we know what will happen (phone gets re-locked, bricked, etc.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
no problems with wifi

you can do everything except use voice mail, which is an AT & T feature

I'm able to use wifi and EDGE on my O2 sim

We already know the new update locks the unlock and installation of installer.app. Better not to update until resolved

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.