Buying a New Powerbook 12"

Reaction score
Hi guys. I know you're not going to believe me, but I'm wondering whether it's possible to buy a new powerbook 12" notebook. It's for a friend who is set on having a new powerbook 12" and refuses to settle for a new macbook. Does anyone know whether it's possible to purchase one from some online store or some place? Maybe I should contact apple? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
PowerBook 12" models have not been new in almost 2 years.
The only place you are even possibly going to find a new one is a third-party reseller... and those chances are slim.
Contacting Apple would do you no good. His best bet is to check out people selling used ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
D3v1L80Y is absolutely correct about the availability; in short, I can almost guarantee that you won't find one.

I have one question for your friend though: WHY?!?

I can see picking up a PB *in addition* to a MB (considering doing that myself in a year or so after the 17" high res PBs come down in price another $500 or so) but I can't see choosing to go with a 12" PB *instead* of a MB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.