Help!!

Reaction score
Hi I hope someone understands and helps me

here's my problem, when I take a picture that is landscape and I'm using image capture to upload my picture form my camera it auto rotates my picture to portrait, and I mean it's supposed to be that way
so ok I go and upload my picture to my blogger thinking that it has already been rotated but when I upload it and publish my blogger it's in landscape and unrotated

can anyone help me fix this problem? is there anyway to turn off this auto rotation that happens when I upload my pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
Use preview, go to tools I think, and rotate it. Then save as.

OP
X
Reaction score
see the thing is when go to preview it already is rotated to what seems to be the appropriate way
but really it isn't cause when I upload it to my blogger it's as if I didn't rotate it
know what I mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when it's in preview did you save as?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if you have photoshop or any other image editing program, you can always rotate it there, then save it as a new image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well you can rotate the pic with preview and take a screenshot of the rotated pic by pressing these keys together:

Apple+shift+4

That'll create a .png file. Then you can covert that file to your deserve format with preview I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
that's too much for something so simple as saving a rotate...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
The auto-rotate is a function of your camera, not the software you use to import it. Are you using iPhoto in any way? If you can put your photos into iPhoto, then you can use the "export" function to your desktop. This should pick up the properly rotated picture (though I have not tried it and am not at the mac right now). Don't use the iPhoto library in finder for any of your photo work. Do whatever you need to do from within the app itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.