HELP! contacts disappeared!

Reaction score
I went to send an email the other day and noticed none of my contacts were in address book. I have been syncing regularly and wasn't sure what happened. I went to sync my phone today, and in i itunes i saw "deleting contacts" flash by and now i have no contacts on my phone or mac. What happened????

OP
W
Reaction score
i also just noticed that the only contact i entered into my phone since my last sync is the only one that is still on my phone and mac. I don't know if this helps any. The weird thing is after i entered it on my phone, it wouldn't show up later. I didn't do a sync after i entered it, but now that everything is gone, it finally shows up. ***!? Anyone have any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Totally sucks, I had the same thing happen to me. Fortunately I had my contacts on my iPod as well. Some how my contacts disappeared on my mac and then when I synced they erased off my phone. I probably could have avoided this when during the sync it asked something like, more than half of your contacts are going to be changed do you want to continue. I should have said no instead of yes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.