Top Case Dent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
i have a 6 month old MBP, and am completely in love with the brushed aluminum encloser. One day i was in bed watching tv, and put my MPB on the ground, closed (first mistake) on my nightstand i had a plastic water class (empty thank god) and it fell on the comp. Now there is a nice dent in it, and i was curious how hard it would be to replace the lid with a new one myself... im an expert with building PC's, but never tried with a mac, due to proprietary parts....

are lids even available for MBP's?

Reaction score
Might just have to live with it. Call your Apple store or visit an AASP to see if the part could be replaced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Replacing the lid is quite easy for the experienced. The only thing that will happen is you will VOID your warranty. I would either go to your nearest apple store and ask how much it will cost to replace it, or just live with it. I could easily see apple wanting around $250-$350 for parts and labor; so it might be better to just live with it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
gotcha thanks. found a replacemt part for 90 bucks, but according to the self fixit manuals looks like i need to take apart my whole mac to replace it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.