5gen Ipod Video Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video (30GB). iPhone 3G 8GB. 13" Unibody MacBook 2.4ghz.
Hey guys, I've had an ipod video for about a year now and now when I watch video on it, the battery dies out in 5 mins. When i first got it, I could watch up to 40 or so minutes of video. My audio time hasn't changed much. I can usually listen to about 3 hours worth of music before I need to charge. Is this strictly a battery issue, or may something else be wrong? If it is a battery issue, what's the cheapest and easiest way to replace it. I've heard that you can DIY, but I was wondering if it was a hard process (it doesn't seem too difficult). Do you think the update that is coming soon will change anything? It's a 30g if that helps any.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Before you replace the battery, do a software restore in iTunes.

Changing the battery is easy, takes maybe 10min. I've done a few and have bought my batteries from PDA.com.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, I will try that as soon as I get home. Thanks for the website and information :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I figured out the problem. I didn't realize that there was a quick and a full charge on the ipod. I let my ipod charge for an hour or so and got about an hour of video.

Thanks for the help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.