Mounting Network Drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
Hello all,

First off im astounded at the amount of information on these forums for a mac nub like myself.

My question has to do with my Windows server, which i store everything from movies to downloads on. I can sucsessfully mount the hard drives on my MBP No problem, but the task of mounting 7 hard drives each day get annoying.

I have no expieriance with the mac Command Prompt (Terminal?) and was wondering if there was a script someone has made to drives, or if there was an option im missing in the Prefs to mount drives on boot.

If the script is the only way to go, and involves considerable time, id be happy to reimburse you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
When you have a share mounted, make an alias to a folder in that share. You'd then be able to open the alias and the share will automatically be mounted.

Ther other way is to make a complicated Automator app.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.6GHZ, 8Gig iPhone, 160Gig iPod Classic, 16Gig 3G iPhone Black
hmm thanks for the quick reply, im a simplist, and was wondering how complicated the automator app would be? 7 folders is rather ugly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.