• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacBook Pro Shipping

Reaction score
This is my first time purchasing a Mac, and I'm not familiar with their shipping times. I ordered my MBP on 9/25, and it says it's not supposed to ship until October 4th-16th. I can't wait that long!! Are there any possiblities that it may ship before then? Has anyone had an experience with their MBPs shipping early?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Probably a worst case scenario, but i bet it will take at least a couple weeks.

Why not just go to an apple store?

Reaction score
This is my first time purchasing a Mac, and I'm not familiar with their shipping times. I ordered my MBP on 9/25, and it says it's not supposed to ship until October 4th-16th. I can't wait that long!! Are there any possiblities that it may ship before then? Has anyone had an experience with their MBPs shipping early?

Yea, it will take about that long. I ordered my in the morning of September 11th and just recieved it today! I was going to go into the store but online gave me a better student discount. It does take a while, but FexEx is not very accurate. The Estimated delivery time was this Friday, so I'll take it two days early. Good luck, I love it so far!

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. I would have gone to an Apple store, but I don't live anywhere near one. Online was easier and it gave me a better deal. I want it now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I ordered mine on the 12th and am still waiting....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Mine did take as long as it said. However, I did call and complain about it and the guy gave me a free upgrade to two day shipping. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I'm upgrading my Macbook to a MBP and I placed my order on 9/14 and it just shipped today. My wife ordered a Macbook on 9/20 for her work and got it yesterday. I actually was going to buy one at the local Apple store (within walking distance) but they were sold out. I think the MBP supply is low and the shipping times are longer because of this.

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 6th Sep and received it last Thursday.

I think oftentimes it depends on the spec of your model. My MBP was just a basic model with no add-ons so they were just able to ship it straight to me (pretty much at least).

Also, there is a supposed worldwide shortage of MBPs which would also slow down the process.

Look at it this way, you'll probably have Leopard pre-installed if it arrives mid-Oct.

OP
C
Reaction score
Shipping

I ordered a MacBook Pro on September 25th. Everytime I check the order status on apple's website it said "custom configuration." Today when I checked it, it said "custom configured." Does that mean that it's almost ready to ship? Or does it mean anything at all?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Mac Book Pro 2.4GHz HD display, Wacom I3 , WD myBook 500G, intel mac mini, 24"imac(white)
i ordered mine before that and i just got told my order has been delayed another 10 days?? so could mean anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
I custom configured mine and it took 2 and 1/2 weeks before it showed up at my house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
I ordered my own MBP 09/20 and it still not shipped from the order status its getting shipped on the 02/10 all up the wait will have cost me 3 weeks give or take a day or 2.

Edit: Ohh i forgot to mention the arival is estimated between the 9th and the 12th of October ... longest most excruciating wait ever!

BMG

Reaction score
Ordered on the 17th.. Shipped on the 28th... Estimated delivery Oct. 8th..

The wait seems to be the norm..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.