CS3 vs CS2 PC convert to Mac questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66
My Macpro came yesterday along with my CS3 upgrade platform switch software. My home machine was an old dell 1.6mhz 2mb ram. I added 2 mb of ram to the Macpro 2.66 mhz for a total of 3. I also have CS2 on a PC at work that is 2.99ghz and 2 meg of ram. I have to say it is scary fast. The speed that CS3 boots up, raw conversions, Bridge displating thumbnails of raw files. Any manipulation that I did was a blink compared to the time bar with PC. Enough about that.

Two questions.
1.) When I went to save a raw conversion (save as) to jpeg back to the external hard drive with the original raw file on it I got a file not found error? That perplexes me. I was able to save it to the main hard drive on the machine no problem. Any info?
2.) On CS2 with a PC the open photo fills the field of photoshop. With the Mac I can’t get it to fill the field and I can “see through” to Adobe Bridge. It is very distracting. Any help?

Reaction score
2.) On CS2 with a PC the open photo fills the field of photoshop. With the Mac I can’t get it to fill the field and I can “see through” to Adobe Bridge. It is very distracting. Any help?

At the very bottom of your tools pallete there is a button to select the screen mode. There is a number of options to choose from. Hopefully one of them will fit your needs.

You can also pull the bottom right hand corner of the document to resize the image in the screen.

The green button in the top left of your document is your new "maximize" button. It doesn't function like you are accustomed to in Windows. It will only resize the window to its optimal size.

Photoshop CS3 also has a new interface which only adds to the confusion. Now you have to become accustomed to the Mac and the new PS interface. It's a little confusing at first.

Reaction score
1.)When I went to save a raw conversion (save as) to jpeg back to the external hard drive with the original raw file on it I got a file not found error? That perplexes me. I was able to save it to the main hard drive on the machine no problem. Any info?

I believe your external HD has to be formatted to FAT32 in order to write to it from your Mac. It is probably formatted NTFS because you were using it with your PC.

Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm or reject this information. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.