Airport express being flaky

Reaction score
My airport express has been acting VERY strangely lately. One moment everything's working, next moment I click a link and nothing, no sweet sweet internet going to my MBP. Just now it happened, and I tried using airtunes, again nothing. It said the airtunes speakers could not be found.

To fix it, I have to unplug the airport, plug it back in, let it reset then hook the modem back up to it. I've been having to do this five or six times a week lately, and it's a real pain. It always works just fine after I do that, but only for an unpredictably short time. Any guesses as to what's going wrong here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Hey you have an airport express. Apart from those disconnections, how is the range like? Can I get like a 5 metre distance between the PC and the Express?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I saw this on one web store:
This product is an Online Clearance Item and has been discontinued from our assortment. Please note that there are limited quantities of this item and it may not be available in all regions. This item is only available while stock lasts in our online store.

Should I buy this now or is there any sign of an update coming soon? Maybe anodized aluminum and wireless 'n' goodness...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
My airport express has been acting VERY strangely lately. One moment everything's working, next moment I click a link and nothing, no sweet sweet internet going to my MBP. Just now it happened, and I tried using airtunes, again nothing. It said the airtunes speakers could not be found.

To fix it, I have to unplug the airport, plug it back in, let it reset then hook the modem back up to it. I've been having to do this five or six times a week lately, and it's a real pain. It always works just fine after I do that, but only for an unpredictably short time. Any guesses as to what's going wrong here?

Any chance you are using Little Snitch???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.