tried removing macbook bezel...

Reaction score
i tried removing my macbook bezel after being told that it "snaps right off" if you gently work your way around the edge.

i did this and it did come off nicely, but on each of the 12 tabs that "pop" in and out came the grey "fasteners."

when i tried to put it back on, the plastice fasteners' tabs started bending out of place (some looked like they were about to break off) and now I don't know if I can get the bezel back on...

what are these little pieces called? are they SUPPOSED to come out? if i need to where can i find replacements? it doesn't look like they come with replacement bezels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
they are 20 dollars on ebay do a search

OP
L
Reaction score
what are they called? every time i try to search for them online nothing comes up?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what those are called (Display bezel tabs?) but I've had troubles with them in the past. The trick is to ensure they are all in their respective holes in the bezel brace before placing the display bezel back on.

- Carefully remove them from the bezel (a small flat blade screwdriver works great. ie. jewelers tools)
- Work the little 'undercling' on the tabs so they are relatively straight and place one end in the hole on the bezel brace.
- Put your finger on top of the tab (which is partway in) and while pushing down gently, use the screwdriver to pop the other 'undercling' in the hole
- Continue with the rest and then snap the bezel back on.

Good luck and if any are broken in half you might be SOL as the bezel will not stay flush without them.

Reaction score
reinstalling macbook bezel

After searching for days for the proper way to reinstall the bezel, I stumbled across this post.
This method of replacing the bezel worked perfectly, I just wish I knew to put the grey mounting clips into the holes prior the reinstalling the bezel. The clips break easily if you try to install while they are still on the bezel. Like me you can purchase them at Display Bezel Mounting Clips 6 Pcs MacBook 13" - 922-7988 - Mac Recycling. I hope this helps other people.
Bill

I'm not sure what those are called (Display bezel tabs?) but I've had troubles with them in the past. The trick is to ensure they are all in their respective holes in the bezel brace before placing the display bezel back on.

- Carefully remove them from the bezel (a small flat blade screwdriver works great. ie. jewelers tools)
- Work the little 'undercling' on the tabs so they are relatively straight and place one end in the hole on the bezel brace.
- Put your finger on top of the tab (which is partway in) and while pushing down gently, use the screwdriver to pop the other 'undercling' in the hole
- Continue with the rest and then snap the bezel back on.

Good luck and if any are broken in half you might be SOL as the bezel will not stay flush without them.

Reaction score
Correctly Replacing Macbook Bezel

To reinstall the bezel on the apple notebook, you have to remove the grey mounting clips and bend them into their holes one at a time. Then, snap in the black bezel piece. Any other way will not work. If you damage the bezels, get em for $10 on macrecycling

O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.