Archiving in Mail?

Reaction score
I've integrated my Gmail account into Mail. The only problem is that, at first glance at least, it looks like Mail operates on the old axiom, "Don't want it? Delete it!"

Having used Gmail for so long, I'm used to archiving mail I've read. It's proved its usefullness on more than one occasion.

When I first syched Mail to my Gmail inbox, it attempted to scan everything; including all the Archived mail. I'm not sure how to set Mail to archive rather than delete.

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Archiving is just 'moving it someplace else'. So you can create a folder in mail's sidebar called "archive" and move those messages into it.

Reaction score
I am having this same problem. I only want those messages in my inbox to end up in Mail.app. What is the procedure for making sure I don't end up with ALL of my archived messages? I dont want to archive anything in Mail.app.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.