3rd time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I just got my macbook back from a 2nd time screen flicker issue, and the very next day it is now starting to flicker worse than ever.

What should do? Request a replacement?

If I do that, will they swap the hard drives? I have way to much stuff I dont want to lose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
yea i would request a replacement
i think theyr rule is after the 3rd time they will give u a replacement

Reaction score
sorry to hear that, Im on my second but this one has been perfect so far, hopefully it stays that way, I would request another, and see if they can transfer over your files, or just bacak them up on an external, or dvds if you dont have an external, it sucks but its better than a screen that will give you a seizure.

OP
Shannonb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I called my Apple Store and requested to talk to the manager and he said they would use enforce their guidelines "liberally". What does that even mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
So I called my Apple Store and requested to talk to the manager and he said they would use enforce their guidelines "liberally". What does that even mean?

i dont understand it?
their guidelines on what?

OP
Shannonb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont understand it?
their guidelines on what?

I guess there guidelines on what to do with faulty products. He was very vague and I didnt really understand him either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That means that any and all exchanges/returns of repaired equipment are done at the sole discretion of the Store Manager.
There is no such thing as a "three repairs, then a replacement" policy... not even if it is for the same thing each time. There is no company-wide policy or rule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
My iMac was sent in 3 times, and I didn't get a replacement.

Reaction score
The only way they would consider a replacement was if the logic board was replaced 3 times. Or the LCD panel. In other words, major repairs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That means that any and all exchanges/returns of repaired equipment are done at the sole discretion of the Store Manager.
There is no such thing as a "three repairs, then a replacement" policy... not even if it is for the same thing each time. There is no company-wide policy or rule.

But there are lemon laws that vary by state. For all we know, his state could very well have a policy similar to 3 repairs = replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
My advice: Don't ask for it to be fixed or replaced, demand it. I called the store mgr prior to going in (to "bring him up to speed") so that if my problem wasn't fixed, he would be hearing about it anyway.

Eventually, I was offered a complete refund for everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
e-mail Steve Jobs, maybe you will get a free ipod as well as a replacement. There was just a story about that on engadget.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.