CD Labeling Software

Reaction score
Does anybody have any recommendations for good CD labeling software to use with my iMac7,1 running OS X Version 10.4.10? There are lots of options out there and I have no idea how to evaluate them.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've learned from experience that putting those paper labels on CDs is a bad idea. If you put them in a slot loading CD drive where there is going to be a lot of heat, they will bubble and often get stuck. If I were going to label CDs any more (I have not in some years) I would get one of those recorder drives that will print/burn the image directly to the front of the CD.

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm considering a lightscribe drive too. I guess I could use advice on comparing the options in both paper labeling software and lightscribe devices, so that I can decide which direction to go. What's the easiest to use, fastest, best quality product, etc? I will be using it for home movies and music CDs to send to friends, so they will most likely get used in home CD and DVD players...

Reaction score
I've learned from experience that putting those paper labels on CDs is a bad idea. If you put them in a slot loading CD drive where there is going to be a lot of heat, they will bubble and often get stuck. If I were going to label CDs any more (I have not in some years) I would get one of those recorder drives that will print/burn the image directly to the front of the CD.

Thanks Baggss. I just got such sofware (DiskLabel). I printed everything except the CD labels (because of problem lining them up correctly) but had never considered this. Is this that much of a problem??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i had the paper labels too, I ended up not likeing them at all because sometimes washing a cd helps it play, and the paper gets bloated and it doesnt work out well at all!

lightscribe!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.