Microsoft announces MacOffice 2008 pricing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Microsoft’s Macintosh Business Unit used Apple Expo in Paris to release pricing information for the next version of Office for Mac. Office will ship in the US on January 15, 2008, with global availability coming in the first quarter of 2008.

Office will be available in three versions: Office 2008 for Mac ($399.95; $239.95 upgrade), Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition ($149.95) and Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition ($499.95; $299.95 upgrade).

Office 2008 for Mac remains the core suite that includes Word 2008, Excel 2008, PowerPoint 2008 and Entourage 2008. A new bundle called Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition, features the Office 2008 applications and adds the Microsoft Expression Media digital asset management system. This edition also includes Exchange support and Automator tools.

The final bundle is the home and student edition that gives users the basics of what Office has to offer. According to Microsoft this version includes three user licenses, but does not have Exchange support or automated workflows.

All versions of Office 2008 for Mac support the new Open XML file format and are Universal applications that run natively on Power PC- and Intel-based Macs.

Microsoft also started a technology guarantee program that will allow customers in select regions who purchase qualifying Office 2004 for Mac product to upgrade to a version of Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac for the cost of shipping, handling and applicable taxes. The company said details of the regions included in the guarantee are detailed on the local Office for Mac Web sites.
http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/09/24/officemac/index.php

I was waiting for MacOffice to come out but now I'm starting to like my iWork. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have to ask - someone will! :D

WHY pay Micro$oft big sums of money when you can get NeoOffice free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I saw some screenshots on Gizmodo and I have to say I'm not too excited about this. Taking up 1/4 of the top of the screen like 2007 does not appeal to me at all. I heard you can minimize it though. But to be honest, I don't care much for the format pallet either, but that's due to personal use issues most people don't have to deal with.

If they're going to put something up top, I wish it could just be basic format buttons like back in the good old days. If anyone knows of a way to get a more classic view with 2004 or 2008, I'd like to know.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/microsoft-announces-pricing-for-office-2008-for-mac-303329.php

Reaction score

I'm pretty much a noob to the Mac scene, but FREE sounds good to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Any word on a demo version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Exchange. (Though fortunately, the people responsible for making me use Exchange also pay the big sums of money for Office.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!

Exchange support and exact compatibility with millions of other office users?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Wonder if this feature will make it to the Mac.

From Download Squad:

While some members of the Download Squad team may be math whizzes, some are lucky if they can find the Windows calculator. But once it's up and running, we're pretty sure that when you multiply 850 by 77.1, the answer should be 65,535. But for some reason when you perform the same calculation using Microsoft Excel 2007, you get 100,000.

Now, 100,000 is a nice round number. Generally speaking, we like it. But in this particular instance it's wrong. And that's not something we like to see in a spreadsheet application. As it turns out, any time you enter an equation that should result in 65,535, you'll get 100,000.

Microsoft has been made aware of the problem and is developing a fix. But it's a bit surprising that the software's been on the shelves as long as it has been without anyone discovering this flaw. Anyone find any other calculations that come up wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wow, that's a bit scary. If there's such a problem with Excel, who knows how many other problems there are that nobody knows about. Millions count on Excel's accuracy for countless reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I bought Office 2004 for Mac for uni - If I knew what I knew now I would have just downloaded NeoOffice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.