Applecare Protection Plan really worldwide?

Reaction score
hey,

planning to buy a macbook pro on my visit to the US next month. I was planning to get the extended protection plan from apple also, since I've heard it really makes sense and it would be on a worldwide basis.

Now because I do live in Germany this would be the question, could I buy a computer in the U.S. and bring it by a German Apple Store if I had any problems?

Has anyone experienced this? I guess yes because it says worldwide, but wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks for your advice
Clausen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Looks like your answer is yes. Check the FAQ:

http://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html

You definitely want to take note of this however:
"Apple recommends that you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan in your country of residence, because each AppleCare Protection Plan has terms and conditions specific to consumers of the country or region in which the plan is offered"

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks, I've just checked both versions of the terms (U.S. and Germany) and they look fine for me regarding where to send the computer if any problem occurs. differences are with cancellation, reimbursement, etc. which I obviously expected because of both countries having different legislations for this.

thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.