airport problem

R

rex_fernando

Hi, I have a problem with my airport. I have a slot-loading iMac with an airport card, and a base station attached to a cable modem. Sometimes the signal stops all of a sudden, and then comes back on after a few minutes. Does anyoone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
If your Apple Base Station is set to get the time from a time server, turn that off. It causes the symptoms you describe when the time server is not reachable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
rex_fernando said:
Hi, I have a problem with my airport. I have a slot-loading iMac with an airport card, and a base station attached to a cable modem. Sometimes the signal stops all of a sudden, and then comes back on after a few minutes. Does anyoone know how to fix this?

Do you have an original Airport base station?

Do you have a cordless 2.4 GHz phone near the base station?

The two could be interfering with one another, even if you aren't using the phone. The phone base is constantly talking every x amount of minutes with the handset, which could be causing your drop in signal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.