Not too happy so far

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I just bought my first Mac in August, the MBP, and i was thrilled to have one in my possession, because i thought it was going to help me with college. So far it has been both good and bad. I had my first MBP for 2 weeks, and the graphics card went bad, just out of the blue, and they replaced it. Now 3 weeks later, my newer one is acting up too, the Finder in Tiger keeps relaunching unexpectedly ,and if i am moving files, i lose what i am doing. I just think it's getting a little ridiculous. And now when i play DVDs in Front Row, the drive actually freezes at certain parts, while on my roomate's PC, whcih is 4 years older than this one, it works perfectly fine. Yea, it runs the Adobe Creative Suite flawlessly, but i'm just getting a little more than just frustrated with how it's acting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
that just sounds like you were unlucky. i would go to apple and explain to them these issues, since you are still under warrenty, shouldn't be that bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Maybe the problem was the logic board rather than the graphics card. Just take it in and if you're good and frustrated, they'll probably just hand you a new one. It's definitely not a regular thing, so rest assured a new one will most likely run smoothly and reliable for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
You are experiencing something that is rare in the Mac world. Like everyone said, take it back, tell them you are in college, and rely heavily on your Mac. You require one that you can depend on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
just walk into an apple store and be nice with the representatives. they usually treat you better if you come in calm and explain the situation. but like someone mentioned before, tell them you need the computer badly and you can't keep wasting time troubleshooting your mbp. insist on them giving you a new mbp but nicely. :)

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Oh i have gotten my second one already, i had to wait 2 weeks though for this one, since they ran out of MBPs when it happened with the card. Now i'm having a problem with my new one, with finder, it's getting a little ridiculous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.