Podcast "Chapters" in Garage band 08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
I recently started building practice podcasts with my new iMac and I am really have a good time using garageband to make the "dj" track and importing the songs into separate tracks for cross fading and the like. I also have the podcast track up and running where I am adding pictures and URL's and things. The only problem I am having is when the podcast is exported to the enhanced podcast format (.AAC4 I think) it treats every picture I place in the podcast track as a separate chapter even though I only specify the first picture as having an actual chapter marker. In garage band everything is working, it is just in iTunes that selecting "next Chapter" in controls moves to the part of the song where I inserted a new band photo in the ipod track.

I could always have just one photo per song (chapter) but I kind of wanted to do multiple photos with multiple URL's (official websites vs. myspace etc) during each song of the podcast. I just want the chapter controls to not be controlled by pictures but by the actual chapter markers.

Any ideas?

OP
illy5603
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Not that anyobody is paying attention to this thread but just so you know. What I am trying to do works great from my son's ipod nano, it is just iTunes that is skipping to the next picture instead of the chapter marker. The nano is using the chapter markers when you click forward, taking you to the next song in the podcast which is freaking sweet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I don't think there's a way to update the photo without creating a new chapter. I've not created chapters inside of Garageband, but I have used the command-line chapter tool (which requires the manual generation of an XML file containing information about embedded chapter name, photo and web link). All of the information is optional, except for the chapter number.

Of course the chapter photos seem to be ignored by the new classic iPods. I see the chapter name, but the album art remains fixed with whatever was embedded in the first chapter. I do hope Apple fixes this...

OP
illy5603
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
I don't think there's a way to update the photo without creating a new chapter. I've not created chapters inside of Garageband, but I have used the command-line chapter tool (which requires the manual generation of an XML file containing information about embedded chapter name, photo and web link). All of the information is optional, except for the chapter number.

Of course the chapter photos seem to be ignored by the new classic iPods. I see the chapter name, but the album art remains fixed with whatever was embedded in the first chapter. I do hope Apple fixes this...

It is just weird they bother to give you the option to make the entries chapter markers or not. I mean, it works on the nano, so... Anyway, I think I am going to stick with one image per chapter to keep things simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.