Help Ipod wont turn on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghrz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb Ram, 120Gb HD
Please can someone help me

i bought this 3rd generation ipod nano and it doesnt work

first the screen was all white and blank and i tired reseting it and it went pitch black

now nothing works....even after reseting it

can someone please help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 500 MHGz 10GB HDD
If you just got your iPod send it to Apple and ask them to fix it. Thats all I can think of

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
"Solving iPod Issues (also known as iPod 5 R's)
There may come a time in your iPod life when things don't go quite as planned. Fortunately, your issue is most likely temporary, and you have the power to do something about it now. If you're having trouble, try these steps (known around here as the five Rs) one at a time until the issue is resolved. These steps will often whip your iPod back into shape.

Note: Please make sure that your iPod is fully charged and then toggle the Hold switch on and off before performing these steps.

Reset your iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, or iPod shuffle.
Retry your iPod with a different USB or FireWire port on your computer (please note that the latest iPods can only be synced through USB).
Restart your computer, and make sure that you have the latest software updates installed.
Reinstall iTunes. You can download the latest version of iTunes from our website.
Restore your iPod using the latest iTunes. Important: Please note that restoring an iPod will erase all songs and files on your iPod and restore it back to its original settings. Make a backup of any files on your iPod before restoring it. After restoring, you can transfer your music and files from your computer back to your iPod again.
For an easy to follow movie, see the Troubleshooting & Extras section of the iPod Tutorials.

If you still haven't resolved your issue, you'll find more troubleshooting articles on our iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, and iPod shuffle product support pages, you can search for your issue in our support articles database using the Search box on any iPod support page, check out other iPod articles here, and seek help from other iPod users in our iPod Discussions forum"

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303940

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Toggling the hold switch before reseting is quite important otherwise the reset doesn't always register.

I hope you get this sorted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.