.xlsx Files on Excel 2004 for Mac

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a file converter, or how I can open a ".xlsx" file on my mac version of excel. When I try to open it, it just comes up as gibberish.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I Know you asked about mac excel, but iWork's Numbers opens xlsx files. MS did release a converter for docx/xlsx files though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I installed the converter for Mac since my school promptly upgraded everything to 2007, but I still can't get the new files to open with Office 2004.

Reaction score
Use NeoOffice

docxconverter is crap at converting multi-worhsheet xlsx files as the only real option is as a csv file which breaks the single workbook with multi-worksheets file into multiple csv files... one for each worksheet... daft!!!

use NeoOffice... (latest version, can't remember about the earlier ones)opens xlsx files with no problem and you can them either save them as xls files for Office 2004 or work on them and save as the xlsx file if you want

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.