• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Playstation 3... Thoughts???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What do you all think of the PS3???

My brother bought one a couple weeks ago and loves it. He is wanting me to buy one so we can play a gamed named Warhawk online togehter. I looked online and found that Skate was just released, and this looks really nice.

I do not have a tone of time to play video games... But I do enjoy them when I get the chance. The PS3's free online play sounds nice aswell. I'm not sure how much I would use the Blu-Ray player for DVD's as I mostly rent movies, and haven't noticed any Blu-Ray rentals.

I'm just trying to decide if I should go get one...

What are your thoughts???

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i think the ps3 will outlive the standard 5 or so year product cycle that seems to be the norm for most consoles. also, i personally am a huge fan of some of the sony exclusive titles like gran turismo and ratchet and clank.

that said, i don't have one yet, but i will someday in the not so distant future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I'd rather have a Wii and XBox 360.
It has great graphics though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Xbox 360 has much more games and xbox live is always packed with gamers ready to play

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
agreed... but the monthly cost would irritate me.

well its no contract so you can pretty much cancel it whenever... I just love how there are always gamers ready to play almost any of the xbox live games...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
giving MS any more of my money would irritate me.

too bad too. some of the games look pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Halo 3 is going to be chaos... fun 24/7

Reaction score
I have one but I use it more for playing blu ray movies than playing games.. I havent played a game on it for 3+ months since nothing good is out yet.. But GT5 and grand theft auto are just around the bend..

Tek

Reaction score
I must admit, I've always been an xbox fan myself. The PS3 seems to have a bit more going for it on the graphics end of it right now but I can't get over the xbox's user base, feel, and I find the game play more fun than Playstation.

Although Halo 3 is going to be available for the PS3 now too. I'm not sure how much that's going to revolutionize or expand anything but that could give the PS3 a boost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I must admit, I've always been an xbox fan myself. The PS3 seems to have a bit more going for it on the graphics end of it right now but I can't get over the xbox's user base, feel, and I find the game play more fun than Playstation.

Although Halo 3 is going to be available for the PS3 now too. I'm not sure how much that's going to revolutionize or expand anything but that could give the PS3 a boost.

Halo 3 on PS3 will be on a PS3 server... there are far more Xbox 360 owners out there

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Is Halo 3 coming to PS3????

Anyone have a link???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i thought the 360 had a free version of xbox live?

but i defenitely have no plans to get a ps3, every single time i have used one in a store, it has froze on me. the guy at toys 'r us told me he would reset the ps3, but he stopped taking down the out of order sign. i have a wii, and love it! :) gameplay over graphics! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I wasn't really ever much of a gamer. I like GTA and some racing games. Ok and Splinter Cell and Mario. Beyond that, video games don't really seem interesting to me. When I bought PS2 a few years ago, I was hooked (GT3, GT4, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas). I bought 360 a month or so ago and haven't really played it. I sort of wish I got a PS3 instead. GT5 will be missed.
If you're not really a hardcore gamer and there aren't any 360 specific titles you want to play, I'd say to with the PS3. It doubles as a Blu-Ray player and they will have a lot more games out in the future for PS3.
I might just sell my 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
GTA:IV is enough reason to get a 360. It will have tons of exclusive 360 only content. Besides, the xbox has alot more exclusives that are going to interest a wider selection of people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Is Halo 3 coming to PS3????

Anyone have a link???

M$ owns Bungie, so don't think that will be happening any time soon. ;)

As far as the system goes, it is just now starting to eek out some decent titles. I just beat Heavenly Sword which IMO was just amazing all around. Warhawk is pretty cool, but is OL Multiplayer only, just an fyi. I think by this time next year, there will be many reasons to want to have a PS3 from a pure game standpoint.

Reaction score
Halo 3 will NEVER be on PS3. Bungie are Microsoft boys. And I guess they are thinking about making Xbox live free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
RUmos were swirling about making xbox live free, but ad sponsored, that rumor died for the most part, but comes back to life every now and then. Halo is an xbox exclusive, and that title alone puts the xbox 360 well above the PS3. They sold over a million halo 3 games on presales alone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.