ipod touch wifi problem

Reaction score
I cant seem to connect to my wifi in my house. I go into the settings and click the router and make sure i have it all on. Do i need to tell it the ip address? I am not sure i just cant seem to connect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I cant seem to connect to my wifi in my house. I go into the settings and click the router and make sure i have it all on. Do i need to tell it the ip address? I am not sure i just cant seem to connect

It should automatically find your wifi and any in the area....

stupid question but your router is wireless right? (some people dont know LOL)

If so I reccomend removing your firewall and try it again... if not Reset you Ipod...

OP
O
Reaction score
Yea it finds the wifi in my house but it doesnt connect to it. But when i click i youtube it says i need to connect to a internet connection through itunes first. Does that mean i need to plug it into my computer or on the itunes on my ipod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Reset the Ipod.... I have never used the Ipod Touch but maybe the reset button is the same as the iphone... Top left button (top) and round button in front hold until apple logo comes out (release) then when it reboots try to connect... also check your settings see if there isint something checked out of the ordinary..

if not call apple they will help you for sure... personally I think you have a firewall issue which is preventing you from connecting

Another Idea post on Airport, Networking, and Wireless Technology section of these boards they can possibly help you network wise

OP
O
Reaction score
I tried that i reset it adn everything and it stil wont let me get on. It picks up the wifi in the area i join it and it just doesnt connect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
You can connect to someone's router, but it's possible that the person you are connected to is not connected to the internet. For example, if I turn off my modem but leave my WiFi on, I can connect to my WiFi. However, I'll get a message from Safari stating that the server is down. This is because it goes through the router and stops there. It has no internet to go to.

Is this not "your" router that you are connecting to? I assume not because you would know if you were connected to the internet or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yea it finds the wifi in my house but it doesnt connect to it. But when i click i youtube it says i need to connect to a internet connection through itunes first. Does that mean i need to plug it into my computer or on the itunes on my ipod?

Never heard of that before.

All you should have to do is go to the setting screen, select the wi-fi option thing, then search for your network. Enter a WPA password (if you have one) and it should be connecting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.