Sleep Mode Questions

J

julesj66

Hi - I just purchased a 12" IBook - waiting on delivery - I've read alot about Sleep Mode - I understand that it is ok to put it in sleep mode overnight and also while putting it in a bag & traveling? (though i've also read that some of you choose to shut down while traveling)

Is Sleep Mode something you use while only running battery power or also using the power adapter? If I usually have my IBook running off the adapter at home, should I still put it to sleep (while plugged in) overnight?!

Thanks for any advice you can offer a newbie (who can't wait to get her stuff!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I put my iBook to sleep whenever I'm not using it. I never shut it off. That's how Mac's are designed so don't be afraid to do it. I also put it to sleep while traveling.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Dido. I rarely shut my pbook off. I just sleep in. Especially when I'm travelling; if I take my computer somewhere, that means I'll be using it shortly after I get to whereever I'm going....so I don't want to what for anything. Sleep mode is a wonderful thing.

OP
P

PRinMD

I've had my ibook for about 7 months already, the only time it's been turned off if you want to call it that cause it was briefly was when I reboot after some software/security update. Stability is a beutiful thing and it hardly sucks up any juice when it is in sleep mode while not plugged in. :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I leave my PowerBook on all the time. If I'm traveling, I turn it off. If I'm busy at home, or doing something importaint and my PowerBook is not in my room, I'll put it to sleep.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.