• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Halo 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Anyone getting Halo 3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
yeah, i pre-ordered a copy and paid the $10, but I don't get paid till Friday, so I'll pick it up then.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have friends that are Panicing about the stores not having any, I gurantee plenty of stores will have a ton of copies...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
So.. I checked my bank account online and they charged my -debit- card already. I wanted to build -credit- ! Oh well, anyway, the total from circuit city is 107.74. Also, they had better get that game to me by wednesday or else:

picture3qu0.jpg

Legendary Edition FTW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
ill just buy it whenever. dont really care for gaming anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I wouldn't count on there being plenty of copies. I remember when Halo 2 came out, I went right after I got out of work, I actually left work early to go get it. I searched for at least 3 hours trying to get it, I finally found it when I was ready to give up, it was the last copy too!

Halo 3 is going to be even more hard to find I think. It's getting way more hype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would really like to play it, but I'm just not into console gaming any more. Mainly because I am so accustomed to PC gaming with the precise control of a mouse and ease of a keyboard for all necessary buttons under one hand.

If they made a way to play Xbox 360 games with a keyboard and mouse, I'd have to give it some serious thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Here's a little secret that not many people are aware of: you can pick up a copy of Halo 3 from your local 7-11. Yes, you read that correctly, 7-11. There are reportedly 100 copies allotted for each store, and very few have pre-orders.

I called up two of the three near my house and they both confirmed that they would be selling Halo 3 at midnight tonight, and that neither had any pre-orders (not surprisingly, if you go to the stores, there are no signs that they are taking pre-orders, just a few ads about that Mountain Dew drink).

So in approximately 5 hours, I will be stopping by a 7-11 on my way home, casually buying my copy, and then plopping down in front of my TV for the next 4-5 hours. All while everybody else is scrambling to find copies at places like Target and Gamestop ;P

Reaction score
If I didn't already have it pre ordered. (Which cost no more than to not pre order it where I live) Thats exactly what I would do. Why? Why why? Why did you not tell me this two weeks ago Kash? Why?!?!?! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I'll be picking my copy up after work tomorrow. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Halo is way overrated IMO, and I absolutely refuse to buy an xbox or playstation for that matter. Oh well, to each his own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Anyone getting Halo 3?

I reserved a copy yesterday - they (GameSpot in my neighborhood) were all out of reservations for anything other than the regular edition. Which is fine because I didn't care for all the extra content I paid for with Halo 2. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
I ordered it, should be here 25th or 26th.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another secret place you can easily get halo 3 besides 7-11---- kmart!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
No on Halo 3, but once in a while I look over at my dust covered PS3 thinking, now why did I buy that?

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No on Halo 3, but once in a while I look over at my dust covered PS3 thinking, now why did I buy that?

My ps3 is dust covered also... Forget Halo, I want guitar Hero 3 so i can rock on my 42" plasma!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
My ps3 is dust covered also... Forget Halo, I want guitar Hero 3 so i can rock on my 42" plasma!

For the PS3 it's Metal Gear Solid 4, but what I'm really waiting for is the next expansion pack for World of Warcraft.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For the PS3 it's Metal Gear Solid 4, but what I'm really waiting for is the next expansion pack for World of Warcraft.

Im sick of WoW... made it to level 70 I dont think I could grind anymore levels...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
My Xbox360 is used as an incredibly noisy, expensive dvd player ;p I dust it off once every few months to play an hour or two of Fable.

I haven't even played the first two Halo games yet, I keep meaning to play them, but the hype didn't catch me at the right time. And I'm still traumatised by oblivion...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.