two iPods on one account?

Reaction score
Hey. I have a 5G video iPod synced to my windows pc. I was planning on getting a iPod touch and syncing it with my macbook. Right now I have itunes on both the mac and pc synced with my 5G iPod.

Is there a way to use the same account on both the mac and pc, but have the pc synced to my 5G iPod and have the mac synced to the new iPod Touch?

thanks in advanced

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
hopefully I posted this in the right spot. I am not sure if it is a software or hardware issue. I'll try posting it in software.

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
Itunes synced to two ipods?

-----wasn't sure if this would be a software issue or not---
I have a 5G video iPod synced to my windows pc. I was planning on getting a iPod touch and syncing it with my macbook. Right now I have itunes on both the mac and pc synced with my 5G iPod.

Is there a way to use itunes with my same account on both the mac and pc, but have the pc synced to my 5G iPod and have the mac synced to the new iPod Touch?

thanks in advanced

Reaction score
I'm guessing the only problem that could arise would be if you tried to connect your Mac formated iPod Touch to your PC. If you kept them seperated, you'll probably be ok, since you can have up to 5 (I think?) different iTunes on your account and an unlimited number of iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes, you have 2 choices:

1) Use Manual Sync to load music/video to each iPod from each machine.

2) Synch each with identical playlists on each machine.

I have 5 iPods hooked up to my Mac (Quad G5) and I use Manual Sync for 4 of them and Auto to a playlist for one of them. They all work in Manual on my iBook.

Reaction score
Why not sharing files between 2 ipods? I know great software called iPod 2 iPod. It can easily drag and drop Songs, Playlists or Video between iPods. You can download and try it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.