• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wish me luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
So I have been looking at these condo's for my wife our kids and I. They are 3 bedroom 2 bath with garage. They are really nice, and priced at 115,000. I plan on offering 110,000 because the one I really like which has no fireplace and wood floors is pending. I am pre-approved through my bank for the purchase price, so now I have to go do a walk through, get an inspection done, put my offer in, and see if they accept it. I hope all goes well, so I can have my own place and stop paying rent.

OH YEAH, the mortgage would be 100 less than I pay now for rent which is sweet. More apple toys hahaha.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Good luck! Hope it all works out for you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
alaska $115K for a condo, wow! Here in Southern CA it's $350+ even with a depressed market!

Reaction score
Good luck to you - hope you get it. I too, am amazed at the price! In FLorida you would be talking about a LOT more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
alaska $115K for a condo, wow! Here in Southern CA it's $350+ even with a depressed market!

Tell me about it. Im about to put an offer on a 3 bed 2.5 townhome in longbeach. Im offering 600k they looking at 689k but need to mov now.

But good luck on the condo. Hope everything works out for u. Keep us posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
Tell me about it. Im about to put an offer on a 3 bed 2.5 townhome in longbeach. Im offering 600k they looking at 689k but need to mov now.

But good luck on the condo. Hope everything works out for u. Keep us posted.

Yeah, I guess I should have clarified that $350 is the low end in Southern CA, I'm in the IE and that's what they are going for here.

Oh yeah, and good luck to the both of you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Good luck, I would love to move to Alaska if I could talk my wife into it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.