PCMCIA and 12" Powerbook G4

C

Cyberious

There is one thing stopping me from completely switching to my Mac from my Windows based machine.

Is there an adapter that would allow me to use my PCMCIA wireless AirCard in my new 1.33 Powerbook G4?

Any help exorcising the Windows/Intel demon from my life would be greatly appreciated.

OP
F

flonejek

err wouldn't an airport extreme have the same functionality?, it supports all 802.11g/b networks...

OP
C

Cyberious

No that is for 802.11 networks. I'm talking about an AirCard. The AirCard uses cellular networks to connect. It is kind of like a wireless modem that can be used anywhere.

OP
C

Cloudane

I think you can get USB 2.0 cardport adapters, have a browse around some PC component sites (Scan.co.uk - newegg for America?) and obviously check for Mac support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I've been known to use my cellular phone's data capability and a USB cable to get my PowerBook online. Not very elegant-looking, but it works.
http://homepage.mac.com/jrc/contrib/mobile_office/

Other lucky people have Bluetooth data capability in their phones.

Other than that...15" and 17" PowerBooks have PC card slots.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.