XP Booting Problem

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new here. But I have a question that maybe you guys could answer. I have a Macbook Pro. I've used Bootcamp before to put Windows Vista on my Mac. It worked just fine but I decided I didn't like Vista, so I took it off. But now I want to get XP on there. I have Bootcamp and such. But the problem is the XP part. I can get free software through a program at my university and they have Windows XP with SP2, but it's a single user iso image. I've downloaded and burned this to a disk, but it downloaded as a .exe file. So when I use Bootcamp and try to install XP, it doesn't auto-run. So basically what I'm asking is, how do I get XP to start the installation process?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Windows XP installations are not .EXE files. The answer is to use a real Windows XP installation disk. Nobody here is going to able to help you with your ISO image as it is not available to us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' MBP Santa Rosa, 2.2 , 8600M GT, 120GB 5400RPM, DL DVD+/-RW SuperDrive
Your probably talking about MSDN Academic Alliance or whatever it's called. That .exe file is a self-extracting file that will download the ISO file for you. Once you download it, you will have the option of burning it onto a CD/DVD. I suggest ImgBurn to burn the ISO file once you get it. And i don't know who gave you a nasty response before but that really wasn't called for = \ Maybe he's just mad because students get Microsoft stuff for free or at heavily discounted prices :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.