Couple iPhone problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Hey all, I've had my iPhone for about a week now and love it more than life itself. But just today I've noticed that when I turn it on to unlock it, it freezes for a few seconds before it notices I dragged the button to unlock it. I can't press anything and then all of a sudden it will go to the home screen and a bunch of applications will open up and then close automatically. Also, when I click to open another app, it takes a good 5 seconds to respond and actually open up. I know this is not normal right?

One more thing, is the ringer silence button on the left side of the phone actually a button? Mine doesn't move or push in at all, therefore not letting me silence my ringer. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
The ringer "switch" is a switch that moves from front to back of the phone. when silent there is an orange dot showing on the switch. the other stuff doesn't sound normal. try turning it off by holding the power button on the top for a few seconds and then when it asked slide across the screen. then turn it back on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Backup your data and restore the phone. If you haven't made any modifications to the device, it should be pretty stable.

And if your silent switch isn't moving back and forth, I would suggest getting it replaced as you have a defective model (could possibly explain the software glitches if a restore doesn't fix them)

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys. I've got the ringer switch figured out, I had no idea it was a switch instead of a button lol. But my other problem still exists. Every once in a while when I turn it on it will do the same thing. I tried resetting it and turning it off and on to no avail. Think it could be replaced? I'm just worried about having to repeat the problem since that will be kinda hard to to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Rizzo, Mine does that every once in a while... I called apple they said its normal... and I did restore my Iphone once... doesent always do it though

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think mine does it more than normal though. I wouldn't mind if it was once or twice a day but its more like 9 or 10 times a day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think mine does it more than normal though. I wouldn't mind if it was once or twice a day but its more like 9 or 10 times a day.

Take it back for sure...

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can I just take it back to the at&t store? I don't have any apple stores close to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can I just take it back to the at&t store? I don't have any apple stores close to me.

Yes AT&T store... question how long have you had it?

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bought it 2 weeks ago today but its only been activated for about a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bought it 2 weeks ago today but its only been activated for about a week.

Hmmm you can try, but they give you 14 days for in store returns afetr the 14 they send it back to manufacturer for repair... just try you never know

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I'm still under my 14 day return policy for the rest of the day right? Maybe I'll try returning it sometime today..?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I'm still under my 14 day return policy for the rest of the day right? Maybe I'll try returning it sometime today..?

I would go ASAP

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I got it replaced but I had to go to the Apple store to do it. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As long as you got it replaced, that's what matters. Let us know if this one gives you any trouble.

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will do. The guy that helped me was awesome. I got his card and told him I would contact him directly for future questions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.