How Do i Save Pictures From A Website ?

Reaction score
How do i save pictures from a website like u can on a windows pc ????

wen i go to file and save as it saves it as a web archive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I just drag it to my desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I just right click and choose "save image to desktop". Pretty much just like I did on Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Or right click on it and select "Save Image as" or "Save image to desktop" but yeah, the dragging to desktop works especially well. you can pretty much drag it to whatever location you want, cause if you hover over the Macintosh HD icon, a finder window will pop up.

To drag it to the desktop without moving your Safari window, make your lower left corner a hot corner for "Show desktop" in the Expose/dashboard preference pane in system preferences.

Reaction score
So you see what you're getting before you waste your time find a context menu item akin with "open image in new tab". Then look at the tab. If you like it THEN you can 'save as'. The browser - presumably Safari as you talk about "webarchive" which is an XML definition - takes what you have in the location bar to save. You can do any of the other stuff too but it's important to know WHY you're doing what you're doing and how your apps work. Saves are according to the currently viewed URL - and in the latter case when you've opened the image in a new tab of it's own then it's this image that's saved. Got it? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
just drag the picture to the desktop, it's so simple!!!

Reaction score
hay there, does anyone a good program, or way to save web image on a Mac as a BMP File, thanks:)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't know that there is an app that will auto change the current file type as it downloads.

You can however, open the file once you've saved it to your machine, even in Preview and Save As multiple different file types including Microsoft BMP.

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahvikram123
just drag the picture to the desktop, it's so simple!!!
This is what I love about Mac.

it didn't work for me. file name says - photos.cfm with an http@ sign when i drag to desktop. when i click on it, it just shows the website page. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Then screen capture it with command shift 4, highlight the pic, and snag it off your desktop.

Reaction score
make your lower left corner a hot corner for "Show desktop" in the Expose/dashboard preference pane in system preferences.

Oh My God!!
I'm a new user too and have just now come to know about this feature of Expose`.
Thanks a lot.
I love my mac a bit more now :)

Reaction score
i'm a new mac user and i'm confused..

i put the desktop as my screen corner so it would come up when i put the mouse there, so after clicking and dragging the photo to the desktop, where does it go?! i couldn't find it after i got out of the e-mail...

please help![/B][/B]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you dragged said photo to the desktop it should be there somewhere, or when you dragged it and let go on the desktop it might have 'flown' back to where you dragged it from, and then it wouldnt be saved on the desktop ....

Reaction score
I'm also new to mac and I just tried the pulling to the desktop method. It works, alright, but I have a question. I save like a billion pictures from the internet and if I keep pulling them all to the desktop, will they pile up on my desktop?! and where exactly can I view them all, like I viewed my pics in the pictures file on windows?

Reaction score
hay there, does anyone a good program, or way to save web image on a Mac as a BMP File, thanks:)

Can I ask why you would save as a BMP file? BMP is uncompressed, so photos will be extremely large compared to JPG.

For general use, JPG is an excellent format that is widely supported and since the photo was from the web, it is most likely already in the JPG format and sRGB colour space already. If you are worried about losing quality, keep that setting at the higher end.

JPG's are not good for diagrams or non photography images though and GIF would be a good option then.

But, if you want an uncompressed format like BMP that is good for photos or other images, TIFF is quite widely supported.

BMP just seems like such a retro format, oversized and without the options of TIFF and is not supported everywhere.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm also new to mac and I just tried the pulling to the desktop method. It works, alright, but I have a question. I save like a billion pictures from the internet and if I keep pulling them all to the desktop, will they pile up on my desktop?! and where exactly can I view them all, like I viewed my pics in the pictures file on windows?

Put them in a folder and then drag the folder on top of Preview in your dock.

Reaction score
Put them in a folder and then drag the folder on top of Preview in your dock.

how do I put them in a folder? am I supposed to do that on Finder? and what do you mean by 'on top of Preview', where exactly is preview?

sorry, but as I said, I AM new to mac. in fact, very new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.