discount software for college students?

TWM

Reaction score
anyone know of any good websites that offer a discount on software for college students? i found a couple yesterday, but i had never heard of the company before, and when it asked for my social security number (to confirm my student status) i figured it might be wise to find a company that people trust... any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
I can get Office 2004 full version for 80 dollars through my school

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Journey Ed is one of the largest and best college software sites out there.
Campus Tech is another good one.

OP
T

TWM

Reaction score
Journey Ed is one of the largest and best college software sites out there.
Campus Tech is another good one.

Really? thats great. i didn't know, and i didn't want to give my social security number unless i knew they were reputable. they offer a tom of savings on photoshop and illustrator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook
AcademicSuperstore.com is a good site. They just require you either email them a copy of your school ID or fax it to them, no need to give them an Social Security #. This is straight from their FAQ:

What is acceptable proof of eligibility?

We require proof of current affiliation with a school. Accepted verfication can include the following: a dated student or faculty ID card, fee receipt, course schedule, pay-stub, or employment contract combined with any photo ID (driver's license, passport photo, etc.) Please feel free to block out any private information such as pay amounts and social security numbers. For Adobe, Microsoft, and Avid products, a photo ID is required. For more information see Eligibility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
my local university store occasionally beats apple out. BUT some of their prices also SUCK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.